Friday, April 24, 2009

The Perfect Bait and TECC65...

It's another Cupcake Challenge, though I've used these fabulous sketches in the past for cards without entering. When I saw this week's sketch, I immediately thought of a sweet little stamp that I've been hoping to use. The twist is that I turned Taylor's sketch upside down! Also, I wanted this to be a Birthday card, and, as it is a cupcake challenge, I thought, what better bait than a cupcake? I didn't have one small enough, so I had to draw my own (Yikes!) The inside of the card reads '...to wish you a Happy Birthday!' For a little glow, I dipped the fish in a little VersaMark Dazzle and glossed up the bubbles with some Glossy Accent.

To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.
BEAN NOTES: Dimensions Dropping You a Line Stamps; VersaMark Clear and Dazzle, and StazOn Jet Black Ink; Copic Sketch Markers (YR07, R11, B41, R29, and Colorless Blender); Stampin' Up Whisper White, Soft Sky, Pacific Point, and Tangerine Tango Cardstock; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic); Stampendous White Detail Embossing Powder; Hero Arts Gemstones
HAPPY BEANS: Fiskars Treading Water Border Punch; InkEssentials Glossy Accents; Cuttlebug Bubbles Embossing Folder; Big Shot

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Regina,

Haha! Hilarious!! I really hope you win because I think this card is ingenious! Love the cupcake bait!!!

Lesley :)

Donna Baker said...

this is SO Cute! love your handmade cupcake & what a fabulous flip of the sketch!!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge! Love the texture and details.

Lesley said...

Hi again Regina!

Thank you for being my first follower! I am looking forward to seeing more of your clever cards! Thank you for the nice comment on my blog! You made my day!~

Lesley :)

Monica Anderberg said...

So pretty! So wellbalanced and lovely colorcombo! It is so fun to visit your blog and see all the wonderful things you are making.

Hugs Monica

Susan Mangum said...

Has to be the most original use of the cupcake! Very clever, what a fun card.