Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One of A Kind (MMSC2)...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

It's another Tuesday, which means another Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! I wanted to use some Always Artichoke paper (I have challenged myself to use every one of my inks and papers at least once before the end of the year.) Here is my version of this week's sketch. I must be on a Distressed Ink kick, because I couldn't resist breaking them out again for this card. I wanted to soften the look of the butterflies a little to make the gold butterfly stand out more, so I over-stamped with a background stamp.
BEAN NOTES: Stampin Up' Designer Label Punch and Linen Background Stamps; Inkadinkado Patterned Bugs Stamp; SU Always Artichoke Classic Dye Ink; VersaMark Clear Ink; Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink; SU Always Artichoke; Cloud 9 Cocoa Mint Designer Paper; Black Ribbon (generic); Martha Stewart Cornice Border Punch; Cuttlebug Distressed Lines Embossing Folder; Big Shot; Kaiser Latte Pearls
HAPPY BEANS: SU Designer Label Punch; Ranger Gold Superfine Detail Embossing Powder

11 comments:

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

An excelllent Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge card, thank you for playing. I love the two colors of the butterflies and how one of them is in 'flight' for sue a one of a kind!

Carolyn said...

I love butterflies and this is just so delicate and gorgeous. Thank you for playing with us! Hope to see you again on the next one!

Carolyn
MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com

Liz Williams said...

Love your textured background and how you tag laces through your ribbon. Great card.

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Natural beauty.. mint, gold and pearls, gorgeous, and the tag too! I love distress inks as well, they are so versatile, no wonder I'm just naturally attracted to this color... *grin*
Hope to see more of your cards, ~Jeni

Sonya said...

I love this card! It's simplicity is lovely & I love the gold focal butterfly! Great job with this week's sketch. TFS

~Sonya
http://thepinkpaperpenguin.blogspot.com/
Designer for Midnight Madness

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This is so pretty! I just love the texture and colors. It's so soft and elegant. Thanks for playing along with us! :) Michelle

Susan Mangum said...

The design and the greeting are perfect together. I love the soft background and the colors. It's a lovely interpretation of the pattern.

Priscilla said...

Hi Regina, love the Artichoke!! You were spot on with the sketch...really well done my dear. Thank you so much for playing. I think you are a ture natural at card making. Good luck my dear :)

Lorelie Kim said...

Love the color combo! Simply gorgeous!!

Axes DesigNs said...

I love Butterflies.... your card is so pretty :)

Sue McMahon said...

Simply Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us!

Sue
http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/
Midnight Madness Design Team