Friday, July 31, 2009

It's A Wrap! (SFYTT Guest Designer Round-Up)...

Well, after a wonderful month as July's Designer of the Month for Jen del Muro's i{heart}2stamp Sketch For You To Try Challenge, I'm welcoming my card creations home to The Stampin' Bean. A BIG THANK YOU to my mom-in-law, Susan, for stepping in as my Designer of the Month and gamely playing along for all the sketch challenges. She's definitely my best stamping buddy, and her creations put mine to shame! If you'd like to see her creations, please visit her Splitcoast gallery here. Thank you for all your wonderful and kind comments on all of our cards.

Now, here are my cards, complete with Bean Notes...

To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.

A Little Patriotic Cheer (070409)...

This was my debut card! At first, I toyed with the idea of making a very elegant, subtle card, but, since it was being revealed on Independence Day, I felt that bright and fun was the way to go. This little Uncle Sam was just something I picked up on a whim and I was so glad to have a chance to use him. I made liberal use of glitter gel pens for some sparkle, and my favorite part are the little red, white, and blue pom-poms that I found at the craft store for pennies...Happy Fourth of July!

BEAN NOTES: Stampendous Patriotic Pair Stamps; Stampin' Up Brilliant Blue Classic Dye Ink; SU Stampin' Write Markers (Brilliant Blue, Real Red, So Saffron); Fireworks Designer Paper (unidentified); SU Whisper White, Brilliant Blue, and Real Red Cardstock; Dark Blue Satin Ribbon (generic); Spellbinders Ribbon Label Die; Big Shot; Sakura Golden Star, Red Star, and Clear Star Gelly Roll Pens; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Red, White, and Blue Pom-Poms (generic)

Happy Birthday, Cupcake! (071109)...

I made this card for my terrific Aunt-in-Law, Karen, who turned 65 this month. She's such a fun, generous person, and is someone who would appreciate a good cupcake! I was able to break out my darling Taylored Expressions For the Love of Cupcakes set. Using a hobby blade, I cut around the outline of the tea stand so that the sweet cupcake designer paper could show through. To replace the sketch's star with a cupcake, I paper pieced the frosting over kraft paper, added some Stickle bling and a candle -- now Aunt Karen can make a wish!
BEAN NOTES: Taylored Expressions For the Love of Cupcakes Stamps; Memento Rich Cocoa Ink; Doodlebug Designer Paper; Stampin' Up Whisper White, Regal Rose, and Pink Pirouette Cardstock; Karft Cardstock (generic); SU Stampin' Write Markers; Classic Die Ink; White Grosgrain Ribbon (generic); Paper Shapers 1-1/2" and 1-3/4 Circle Punches and 2" Scallop Circle Punch; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder; Big Shot; Ranger Diamond Stickles; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic); Kaiser Rose Pearls
HAPPY BEANS: Hobby Blade

Happiness Always (071809)...

The Week 3 SFYTT sketch did give me a lot of trouble, but I couldn't really figure out why. I finally settled on this design after much gnashing of teeth (with a little bit of growling thrown in.) The bottom of the card is heavyweight Vellum from Papertrey Ink, and I've decided it is a lifesaver when you are completely unsure of what to do with a card. The button is "stolen" from my husband's coat -- it was an extra, and I claimed it!
BEAN NOTES: Stampin' Up Happy Harmony and Verve Because of You Stamps; SU Basic Black Classic Dye Ink and Whisper White Craft Ink; SU Kiwi Kiss, Elegant Eggplant, and Whisper White Cardstock; Papertrey Ink Vellum; Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder; Big Shot; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic); Ranger Seafoam White Embossing Powder; Black Brads (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Black Button (generic)

Sweet (07262009)...

Here is the fourth and final card for the month. I knew immediately that I wanted to do flowers in place of the stars, and I pulled out my very old Stampin' Up Jar of Fun and some acetate. For the flowers, I stamped the individual layers and carefully cut each out, mounting them with foam to add some dimension.
BEAN NOTES: Verve Grateful Elegance and Elegant Flower Stamps, and Stampin' Up Jar of Fun and Elegant Everyday Phrases Stamps; SU Close to Cocoa Classic Dye Ink and StazOn Stone Gray Ink; SU Candy Lane Designer Series Paper; SU Kiwi Kiss Textured Cardstock; SU Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla, and Pink Pirouette Cardstock; SU Sizzix Little Leaves Sizzlit; Big Shot; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic); SU Ticket Corner Punch; SU Twine; Kaiser Dark Brown and Light Pink Pearls
HAPPY BEANS: Acetate (generic)

No comments: