Saturday, October 3, 2009

International Post...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

I'm amazed at how extravagant the celebration is for World Card Making Day, and I can't believe how many cards I am making. The challenges are too irresistable to pass up. For this card, I decided to combine Nichole Heady's Japanese-inspired Challenge with a very cool Color Challenge based on the flags of the world. I chose the country of Seychelles and it's flag of blue, yellow, red, white, and green. It's been years since I've created any origami, and I waxed nostalgic as I dusted off my old origami books (gifts from my favorite uncle) and folded this stork with its "special delivery."
BEAN NOTES: Stampin' Up Fancy Flexible Phrases Stamp; SU Riding Hood Red Classic Dye Ink; SU Riding Hood Red and So Saffron Card Stock; Big Shot; Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities; Cotton (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Origami Paper

5 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Love your originality. Beautiful work! Hugs, M

Carla said...

I agree with Mary, love your originality. Your card is very beautiful. Hugs,

Linda Carson said...

Most EXCELLENT artwork!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Another fun oragami card. Great take on the Japan challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Linda Callahan said...

Your imagination has taken flight! Beautiful!