Monday, January 18, 2010

For My Special Someone...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

Today is a holiday for my hard-working hubby, so it's been a bit of a challenge making him a card right under his nose! I wanted to create a masculine Valentine's Day card that wasn't overly "guy" and this week's Mojo Monday sketch (which is from the fabulous Mary Fish!) was a perfect jumping off point.
For this card, I chose to work with a blue and gray palette. I flipped two elements in the sketch so that I could use this wonderful sentiment, which captures just how I feel. I framed it with a fancy border and employed some embossing and navy blue designer paper for some visual interest. As a final touch, I stamped and carefully cut out this bow and arrow and pointed it in the right direction...toward my heart!
BEAN NOTES: Waltzing Mouse Sweet Heart and Vintage Labels No. 5 Stamps; Stampin' Up Night of Navy and Bordering Blue Classic Dye Ink; SU Patterns Pack III Designer Series Paper; SU Brocade Blue, Basic Gray, Night of Navy, and Whisper White Cardstock; Quickutz Diamonds and Dots Embossing Folder; Spellbinders Labels Five Nestabilities; Big Shot; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Hobby Blade

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! Perfect for a man! You have some awesome cutting skills. I would never have gotten that little bow and arrow cut out!

Michelle said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the manly Valentine that you have created and I am sure your man will love it too.

Unknown said...

Oh wow Regina - I can't believe you cut out the bow and arrow - it looks fab!!!! The card is just stunning!!!! gorgeous colours!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh my - this is beautiful and sweet!!! Great take on the Mojo Sketch!!!

Carla said...

Gorgeous card Regina, love everything about it. Hugs,

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous! I love your colours and naturally I LOVE the stamps!!

Patti MacLeith said...

Your careful cutting on that arrow made me just KNOW it was a punch until I read your description! You are so good, Regina!

Rose Curtis said...

sweet card!

Mary Fish said...

Exquisite. Clever how you used the arrow. Hugs, M