Monday, January 4, 2010

A Stitch in Time...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

With 2010 comes the sobering fact that I am about 10 pages behind on my little guy's scrapbook. I decided that I had better sit down and set aside card-making for a few days in order to play a little catch up. Now, if all the pages turn out to take as long as this one, I think I may be immersed in scrapbooking well into 2011!
This page is actually incredibly simple. I printed out photos from the rugrat's first "real" Christmas. He was old enough this year to understand what a Christmas tree is and that a mysterious person named Santa Claus brings presents to "good boys!" We had a wonderful time and I really did want to make a special page to commemorate the fun and special day.
Each photo is about 2-3/4" square. I had the idea of making a quilt-like page, and so filled in some squares with some pretty designer paper. For a festive touch, I printed out a very declarative "Santa Claus was here!" and trimmed each word to match my other squares. After gluing all the squares down on my page, I paper-pierced around all the edges and then spent HOURS hand-stitching with embroidery thread. Even my husband had to help out after a while, but he soon gave up. After two days of sewing, I was thrilled with the results. The finished page only needed a cute little Santa hat over the "was" for what I hope will be a very special addition in our little buddy's memory book.
BEAN NOTES: Stampin' Up Crab & Co. Stamp; SU Bleu Bayou Classic Dye Ink; SU Real Red Cardstock; DCWV Christmas Stack Designer Paper and Textured Cardstock; Computer and Printer HAPPY BEANS: Paper-piercing Tool; Yellow Embroidery Thread (generic); Sewing Needle

7 comments:

Stampin' Diva said...

Gorgeous page, Regina. Loe the stitching. Such a great effect.

Anonymous said...

Regina, this page is beautiful. Two days of hand stiching??? You are a devoted mother and your son will someday appreciate that when he realizes what you did here. He is a little doll-and what a fun age!! I love the small squares with all the enjoyment he is having and the words at an angle down the page. Just wonderful - TFS!

Stephanie Perry

Ann Schach said...

Great job, Regina! I love the stitching and the Santa hat!

Linda Callahan said...

Your little guy is adorable! And wow you have a lot of patience!

Patti MacLeith said...

How cute! I would love to do this, but I'd do it on a card so it would only take me hours, not days! Beautiful, Regina.

Kim said...

Only 10 pages behind... just saying that inspires me :) I'm 2 children behind LOL. My first one has most of her milestones scrapped -the 2nd, poor thing, has her hospital page. Oh boy!! This page is absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure worth the days spent stitching! Awesome design!!

Carla said...

What a great page. I love it. Scrapbooking depresses me... just can't do I. I admire those who can. *smile* Hugs,