Thursday, April 15, 2010

3 Tees...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

This week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge is based on another one of the marvelous Margaret Moody's sketches and it came in very handy for the card I wanted to make for my son's Nana. My little rugrat is currently obsessed with the color yellow and in particular loves to wear yellow shirts. Nana sent him three new shirts (with denim shorts so his diaper doesn't show!) for his little man wardrobe and they inspired me for this thank you card.
I wanted the card to feel like a kid's outfit without being girly. I used a denim background stamp and cut out three bitty T-shirts from yellow cardstock. I added a "sentiment" on each with some dimensional pearls to simulate puffy paint and included a red paper heart. Some fun yellow stitching and a couple navy blue buttons finished off this kiddie thank you.
BEAN NOTES: Stampin' Up Denim Background Stamp; Ranger Just Faded Jeans Distress Ink; SU Night of Navy, So Saffron, Real Red, and Whisper White Cardstock; Sakura Red Jelly Pen; Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy Twill Ribbon; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic); Dark Blue Buttons (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Adirondak Denim Dimensional Pearls; Yellow Embroidery Thread; Sewing Needle

6 comments:

Cards by Gina said...

OMG! This card is so much fun! I love everything about it. You never cease to amaze me. You are so incredibly creative and clever, Bean!

Kim said...

Super cute Regina!!!

Carla said...

So cool and clever! Love it Regina. Hugs,

Margaret Moody said...

This is just too cute, Regina! I love the little t-shirts and the yellow stitching! Perfect color combo, too! I love your work! Thanks too for the shout out! I really appreciate it! :)

Ann Schach said...

So cute, Regina! You are one creative mama!

Mary Fish said...

Tee-rific. We have "nanas" in our family, too. Love the stitching. Hugs, M