Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Go Confidently...

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo
I don't usually enter more than one entry in a challenge, but the Scrappy Saturday Challenge on Live, Laugh, Love, speaks to some of my favorite themes. I made a Love card earlier, and so I thought I'd make a Live card. Taking the sketch from this week's Mojo Monday Challenge, I decided to further challenge myself to create a monochromatic WHITE card, which is always an interesting process.



I took my absolute favorite quote of all time from Taylored Expressions's New Beginnings set as a jumping off point. One of my kind commenters asked me how I made this shaped card from a single sheet of cardstock with a die, and I've posted photos below and I hope they show how easy it is. Today's card uses the same technique and employs a number of dies to create texture and visual interest. Plus, who can resist a little bit of bling to get us heading off in the direction of all our dreams?


with card folded, line up the die along the fold, just over the edge
be sure to align so a portion of the fold remains intact


BEAN NOTES



7 comments:

Laurel said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the bling!

Mary Fish said...

What a lovely frame and sentiment! Hugs, M

Ann Schach said...

Stunning, Regina! This is one of my favorite quotes! Elegant and classy!

Carla said...

I so love white on white!! Your card is stunning and love the design and the bling so much. Hugs,

Giovana said...

Regina, this is so pretty and elegant! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

Unknown said...

Very elegant and sophisticated card! Love it!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow what a GORGEOUS card!!!! Love the white and the amazing details!!!!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Wee Memories!!!!