Friday, February 19, 2010

Birthday Wishes...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

My sweet Mom-in-Law, Susan, recently came for a visit to keep me and the rugrat company while my husband was away for a 2-week business trip. She is an avid card-maker, and I thought it might be fun to do our own little card "workshop" while she was here. This is one of the cards we made. I was inspired by a cute card made by the fabulous Dawn McVey.
For this card, I actually stamped last. First, I cut a piece of white cardstock to fit and ran it through my Big Shot with an embossing folder. Then, I punched a pretty border and affixed the piece to my Melon Mambo card base. Next, I stamped this whimsical birthday cake image in white craft ink and then a second time in Pink Pirouette and cut out the cake to pop out over the image. Finally, I added a ribbon/button treatment and finished off with some gold Liquid Pearl flames and a very happy sentiment!
BEAN NOTES: Stampin' Up Birthday Whimsy and Papertrey Ink Everyday Button Bits (sentiment) Stamps; SU Whisper White Craft Ink; SU Pink Pirouette Classic Dye Ink; SU Melon Mambo and Whisper White Cardstock; SU Scallop Border Punch; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder; Big Shot; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic); Light Pink Grosgrain Ribbon (generic); Pink Button (generic); Pink Thread (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Gold Liquid Pearls

2 comments:

Joanne Gilch said...

Great card. CAS yet not too easy. Looks like something every one would want to receive. Well, maybe just girls since there's pink!! LOl

Sharon in NE said...

One needs to definitely enlarge this card to fully appreciate it. You got talent, girl!