Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hello Sunshine...


To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.

This week has been a bit hectic for me, as my husband has been out of town and it's been just me and the rugrat (and we both have bad colds!) But, I started on a Mojo Monday card and, though it's taken me a couple days, I've finally been able to finish. The sketch was a real challenge for me and I spent a lot of time hemming and hawing over the details.
For this card, I started with the sunflowers as my focal point, coloring them in and popping out a few of the blooms with a second set of stamped/colored images. Next, I framed the flowers with a sponged circle and scallops, allowing the leaves to overhang the bottom rim. I created some designer paper with stamps and tried to bring out the green of the leaves using some Certainly Celery and Wild Wasbi. I love the sentiment, which I thought was a good fit for my happy sunflowers. A little textured ribbon threaded through my frame and a couple rounded corners finished things off.
BEAN NOTES: Stampin' Up Jar of Fun and Verve Accent Notes Stamps; Memento Rich Cocoa Ink; SU Stampin' Write Markers; SU Chocolate Chip, River Rock, and Wild Wasabi Classic Dye Ink; SU Delicate Dots Designer Series Paper; SU Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, River Rock, and Wild Wasbi Cardstock; Crop-A-Dile Corner Rounder; Spellbinder Classic Circles and Classic Scallops Nestabilities; Big Shot
HAPPY BEANS: SU Alpine Ribbon Originals Chocolate Chip Ribbon; Hobby Blade

7 comments:

Charity said...

I love all the detail you put into the flowers, and overall in general. Gorgeous card!! :)

Tracey Parrott said...

Regina, so beautifully done! Those sunflowers just come alive!

Carla said...

What a beautiful card. Those flowers are awesome. I love all the dimension too!!! Hugs,

Cards by Gina said...

What a beautiful card! I love, love, love those sunflowers! You do amaze me.

Mary Fish said...

Lovely coloring and beautiful take on the Mojo! Hugs, M

Anonymous said...

Regina, I just wanted to stop by to tell you how much I appreciate you showing your beautiful cards. You make soooooo many wonderful stamped projects. I enjoy each and everyone of them.
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Cathy said...

WOW, beautiful card! I love sunflowers and they look perfect on this card. Love the color combo. Thanks,
Cathy