Friday, February 5, 2010

Just Couldn't "Resist"...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

So, I vowed that I would NOT make a card today as there are zillion things I really need to get done around the house. Alas, Nichole Heady was showcasing an old technique that I haven't done in a long, long time, and I just had to make a card for her challenge. Emboss Resist (see my sidebar for a tutorial) is an old standby and you can achieve some lovely results. My mom-in-law, Susan, has a wonderful card on Nana's Stamp Pad that uses this technique with incredible results.
For my card, I went with one of my favorite color combos, green and plum, to make a thank you card. First, I stamped the text background image in Pale Plum several times. Next, I used VersaMark with these pretty leaves and heat-embossed. To bring out the images, I sponged Kiwi Kiss over and, not only did the leaves shine through, but so did the text! I then rounded two corners and sponged around the edges. I created some background paper with a smaller leaf image, stamping again in VersaMark. A sincere sentiment and a ribbon finished off my card.
BEAN NOTES: Papertrey Ink Turning a New Leaf, Background Basics: Text Style II, and Big & Bold Wishes Stamps; Stampin' Up Pale Plum and Kiwi Kiss Classic Dye Ink; VersaMark Clear Ink; SU Very Vanilla and Kiwi Kiss Cardstock; PTI Plum Pudding Cardstock; PTI Plum Pudding Twill Ribbon HAPPY BEANS: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper

P.S. Don't forget that we're going blog hopping on Tuesday, February 9! Come join us for some fun and inspiration.

7 comments:

Margaret Moody said...

Gorgeous card, Regina! Love the colors and the technique! Love the contrast of the text background against the leaf resist!
I just LOVE your work!

Kara said...

beautiful color combo...clever post title too:)
Kara

Sara Mac said...

Beautiful card Regina! I love the gorgeous colors you chose. The rounded corners give it just the right touch.

Jenna Wunderlich said...

so pretty! I love that colour combo too!....but have yet to use it:)

Laurie in MN said...

The colors used for the card are soft and beautiful.

I am fairly new as a follower of your blog and just want to say that I am enjoying all your cards. Thank you for sharing and taking the time to post your designs.

Carla said...

So pretty.

Mary Fish said...

irresistible! hugs, m