Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sale-A-Bration Hop!...

It's time for another Pals Hop, and this time it's celebrating the fabulous items in this year's Sale-A-Bration catalog from Stampin' Up! A group of talented and creative folk have gotten together to showcase the versatility and fun of these wonderful products.

If you've hopped over from the fabulous Cards by Gina, I'm stop #9. Be sure to read to the end of this post for the full line-up of blogs on our hop!



To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.

For my Sale-A-Bration projects, I actually used several of the new items from the current SAB catalog of goodies. I knew I wanted to do something bright and fun, so here I have a sweet treat box and a matching card, both using the new set, Good Neighbors and this year's In-Colors.
For my neighborly card, I cut an oval window through some of the SAB's fab designer series paper in which I framed a popped out house and some floating clouds. The card is bright and cheery, making use of Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, and Bermuda Bay (not to mention some Pumpkin Pie). For my "awning," I used the new SAB border punch and added little punched dots along the way. For some extra fun, I tied the polka-dot ribbon like a man's tie, with a button topper.
Opening the card reveals the little scene inside. I left off a sentiment, as I thought this card would be appropriate for many occasions, but I left lots of space for writing in some words of welcome or thanks, or even get-well wishes!

To go with my card, I thought I would create a little treat box. The box itself is a shameless copy of a box that the awesome Ann Schach created for V-Day. You can find her instructions here. It reminds me of the boxes of candy you get at the movies...fill it with your own and you've saved about 10 bucks! For this box, I matched the colors of my card and used a complimentary sheet of designer series paper. The cute little house is framed in one of the new images from Vintage Labels. In further keeping with my card, I used the same fab punch on three sides, adding the little punched circles. So there you have it, a bright and cheery set to give away to, well, anyone!
BEAN NOTES: (Unless otherwise noted, all materials are Stampin' Up)**
Card: Good Neighbors Clearmount Stamps; Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, and Pumpkin Pie Classic Dye Ink; Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper; Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, and Whisper White Cardstock; Melon Mambo Grosgrain Ribbon; Spellbinders Classic Ovals Nestabilities; Big Shot; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic)
Box: Good Neighbors and Vintage Labels Clearmount Stamps; Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, and Pumpkin Pie Classic Dye Ink; Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper; Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay, and Whisper White Cardstock; Curly Label Punch; Foam Dimensional Square (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Scallop Trim Border Punch; 1/4" Hole Punch (generic)

**To order these or any other current Stampin' Up products, please email me HERE.

Now, hop on over to our next blog, Lourdes Torres and her Cozy Crafty Corner for more Valentine's goodness. Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions along the way. Thanks for hopping by!

If you missed any of the blogs on our Pals Hop, please feel free to drop by and check out any of creative crafters below:

1. Kalshelia Lloyd -- www.stampinfabulousity.com Stampin' Fabulousity
2. Ann Schach -- www.stampinchic.com The Stampin' Schach
3. Margaret Moody -- www.margaretmoody.typepad.com Margaret Moody
4. Debbie Pierce -- www.stampinsunshine.com Stampin' Sunshine
5. Carla Bazhenow -- www.carlas-scraps.com Carla's Scraps
6. Mary Fish -- www.stampinpretty.com Stampin' Pretty
7. Kim Lampone -- www.kjskorner.blogspot.com Stamp, scrap, get kreative
8. Gina Shaw -- www.cardsbyginashaw.com Cards by Gina
9. Regina Mangum -- www.thestampinbean.blogspot.com The Stampin' Bean
10. Lourdes Torres -- www.cozycraftycorner.blogspot.com Cozy Crafty Corner
11. Kris Kilcoyne -- www.kweenbee.typepad.com Kween Bee Kreations
12. Liz Hughes -- www.diypapercreations.com DIY Paper Creations
13. Melanie Collins -- www.oopsadaisy.typepad.com Oops a Daisy
14. Mike Funke -- www.stampin-style.com Stampin-Style
15. Anne Beale Yancey -- www.mukibug.com Mukibug
16. Martha Stewart -- www.SeasonsOfStamping.com Seasons of Stamping
17. Jason Casper -- www.stampindad.blogspot.com Jason's Stampin' Pad
18. Barbara Furlong -- www.theloveofstamping.com The Love of Stamping
19. Tricia Gillam -- www.soulstamper.com Soul Stamper



18 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Adorable! I love the colors and the button/ribbon treatment!

Carla said...

Awesome projects!!! Love all that detail. Hugs,

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you can peek through the window at the neighborhood!

Stampin_Diva said...

Love this. So cute!! I have get that Good Neigbors DSP, it is so cute!!

Cards by Gina said...

As always, your projects are stunning, stunning, stunning and sooooo very creative! I loved looking at them. Terrific job!

Mike said...

Incredible projects. I really love the shadow box effect! AND the brads on the scallop edge punch!

soulstamper said...

WOW! Love the detail. You rocked those houses My sis is in real estate, how cute would those be to give to a client? I may have to play with that some.

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I am head over heels in love with your treat box.

The colors are FANTASTIC! The layers are so fun ... love, love, love it.

Did I tell you I love it?

Liz Hughes said...

Your projects are so creative and cheerful, I love them! Fun, fun, fun...Hugs

Anonymous said...

Fabulous project! I love the window, the tie ribbon, and the awning. Awesome job.

Kim said...

WOW Regina!! Awesome projects - such attention to detail, beautiful!

Lourdes Torres said...

Certainly bright and fun! A masterpiece!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the popped up house and clouds - makes his card extra fabulous (and the colors too)
Hugs
K

Inking A Colorful Journey said...

These are great 3-D projects and I just love the color combinations! Great job!

Margaret Moody said...

Too cute, Miss Regina! I LOVE both of your creations! How clever to create the window for a view of the house! Love the floating clouds and the dots added to the scalloped border! Anyone would love to receive that precious box, too! Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing! MM :)

Kitty A. said...

Exceptional projects. Love what you created!

Mary Fish said...

love this . . . you're making a "scene" all right. hugs, m

Damaris Solano said...

Lindísimo! Felicitaciones!