Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Hardest Thing to Say...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

I always have a hard time with sympathy cards, but I have found recently that they can mean so much to the person receiving them that making one is worth the awkward feelings. This week's Friday Challenge was to create sympathy or get well cards, and I thought I'd make one that could apply to either.
For this card, I created a die-cut frame from chipboard and also stamped my simple sentiment on chipboard as well. I used a pretty border frame image in the background and applied some matching distress ink. For the sweet flowers, I took one large image, water-colored the blooms, and then cut it in half to wind around the frame. Just two tiny pearls at each popped-up flower's center completed the focal piece to my die-cut card base. I hope that when I need to use this card, it will bring comfort to the person who needs it.
BEAN NOTES: JustRite Custom Design Cardmaking Kit, Deluxe Square Monogram Kit, and My Garden Stamps; Tim Holtz Peeled Paint and Tattered Rose Distress Ink; StazOn Stone Gray Ink; Stampin' Up Very Vanilla Cardstock; Pearls (generic); Spellbinders Labels One Nestabilities; Big Shot; Foam Dimensional Squares
HAPPY BEANS: Chipboard (generic)

6 comments:

Eva said...

WOW, WOW, WOW...this is a stunner...I so love how you used the JR stamps on this one...what an exquisite card!!!

Liz Weber said...

Ooh la la Regina this is just devine, so simply stunning, so elegant!

MicheyMoo said...

This is a soft, beautiful card Regina. Totally suits the purpose for its creation and would be received with gratitude for the effort made, I'm sure. I love the colours you've used. xx

Carla said...

I love the softness, yet it is so rich. Awesome! Hugs,

Kathy Martin said...

Absolutely beautiful! Such soft colors and gorgeous flowers! :)

Linda Carson said...

I'd give this card a 10...picture perfect!!