Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sympathy...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

Taylor's Dragonfly Card Drive is still going on, and I thought I would make one more card before I packaged up the ones I've made to send off to her. It's a wonderful cause, and if you would like to learn more, please click here.
For this card, I used the deep hues of this week's Color Throwdown (Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, and Old Olive). Sympathy cards are difficult, and I'm always torn between making something understated yet pretty and something more classic. I opted for the latter in this case, thinking of the many fathers who also go through the unspeakable heartbreak of losing a child. I stamped my the dragonfly image in white directly onto Old Olive and discovered that, after heat setting, I was able to add more color using Copics. I created a border with a punch and threaded through some Ruby Red Cardstock through some punched slits. Finally, I stamped the simple sentiment, which I think says it all.
BEAN NOTES: Taylored Expressions Discover Your Wings and Heidi Grace Greetings (sentiment) Stamps; SU Very Vanilla and Whisper White Craft Ink; Kate's Paperie Text Cream Cardstock; SU Ruby Red, Old Olive, and Not Quite Navy Cardstock; Copic Sketch markers; Pewter Brads (generic); Double-Rectangle Hold Punch (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Very nicely done---what a nice image for a sympathy card, and the colors are just the right shades! Thanks for playing, Regina!