Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Christmas in May...


To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.

It's a sweltering, humid day in NYC today, so my card today has me dreaming of a white Christmas! This week's Friday Challenge: Christmas in May was the perfect solution to my pining for some cool weather. It seems funny to be making a Christmas card when the year isn't half over yet, but it was really fun to look ahead to what has already been a crazy year!
For this card, I decided to make an adaptation of a tent card. I stamped eight of these cute present stamps and paper-pieced the stripe on each in alternating colors of red and green. Next, I colored in the bows with a glitter pen and accented the little circles as well. After cutting out each one, I stacked them high up on a piece of white card stock. After stamping these adorable little gingerbread men (giving each some glittery accents too), I thought it would be fun for them to do some acrobatics! I didn't have a ladder stamp, so I drew one of my own and cut it out with a hobby blade. My fitting sentiment was simply printed out on the computer and now I'm already one up on this year's Christmas greetings!
BEAN NOTES: JustRite Stampers Favorite Occasions Borders & Centers Stamps; Stampin' Up Basic Black Card Stock; SU Close to Cocoa, Riding Hood Red, Wild Wasabi, Kraft, and Whisper White Card Stock; Spica Glitter Pens; Signo White Uni-Ball Gel Pen; Computer and Printer HAPPY BEANS: Hobby Blade

9 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

This is super darling and CREATIVE! :)

Sharon Harnist said...

Super cute and creative, Regina!!

Poppit said...

Gorgeous!! And so much fun!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable! So creative and unique!

Patti MacLeith said...

Christmas in July, yes I've heard of that. Christmas in May, never! You are on top of this, Regina! So cute and creative. Good way to stay cool.

Allison said...

So cute! What a fun idea!

Carla said...

How sweet, fun and so cute. Love it! Hugs,

Noreen said...

Cute idea! Love all your gingerbread men.

Mary Fish said...

You make me feel "cool" already. Love the paper piecing and the tower of fun. Could be a cool bookmark, too! Hugs, M