Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Day...


To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.











It's Tuesday, and I haven't done a Tuesday Trigger in a long time! I was inspired by this very cool photo and project from Latisha Yoast to create this happy card. I also used another of the fabulous 2 Sketches 4 You sketches as a jumping off point, and I'm glad I did as I got to create these fun felt flowers.
To create my blooms, I die cut five scalloped circles out of felt, using one as the base. I then folded each of the remaining four and sewed them together, adding a bright yellow button at the center. I made two more flowers and attached them to embossed white card stock. With just a little ribbon and a sweet rub-on, I was all set for a happy little card!
BEAN NOTES: Stampin' Up Rub-On (sentiment); SU Certainly Celery and Whisper White Card Stock; Sizzix Argyle #2 Large Embossing Folder; Big Shot; Yellow Buttons (generic); Pink Grosgrain Ribbon (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Fuschia Felt (generic); Spellbinders Classic Circle Nestabilities

17 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

Regina your work is just so fantastic! I find myself running out of words of praise for you, girl! I love this card and I wish I could touch it! It jumps right off the screen! Great job!

Unknown said...

This is great, love the flowers and the color combo!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Absolutely stunning x
- Nuff said !
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Latisha said...

Ooh, I love your felt flowers & embossing!! Very pretty.

Nancy in Iowa said...

It's PERFECT. What a wonderful parellel to the Trigger Tuesday challenge. You nailed it!

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow what a stunning card! I love those flowers. :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

cnelson said...

Fantabulous! LOVE everything about this!!

Smita said...

Love the gorgeous flowers!! An the colors. Fab card.

Hugs,
SMita

Carla said...

How pretty... the flowers are so fun and colorful. Love it. Hugs,

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card! Lovely flowers!

Ginny Larsen said...

oh i LOVE those flowers... and the dry embossing you did looks so awesome as the background!

love how you translated the MFW trigger and combined it with the 2s4y sketch :D

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Very pretty! Love those flowers:)

~amy~ said...

absolutely WOW! Congrats on making the Fab 5!!

Hannah said...

Darling! I love your felt flowers.

lauren bergold said...

wow! this is ♥GORGEOUS♥ and now i am dying to try my hand at fabulous felt flowers!!! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Regina! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Mary Fish said...

Love those felt flowers . . . I wonder if I could create that gorgeous background with a scor-pal? Hugs, M