Friday, August 6, 2010

Bee Happy...

to view the image up-close, please click on the watermark

Yay, it's Friday! I was in a happy mood today, so I wanted to make a happy card. My sis-in-law had an accident a couple weeks ago (she cut her hand) and had to cancel her vacation with us. We missed her very much and I know she was really sad not to have the chance to join us on our trip. I thought I'd send her a little happiness to cheer her up and let her know we are still thinking about her.
Taylor's fab sketch today was just the ticket to get me going. I started with stamping the adorable beehive image and colored it in with Copics. Next, I stamped and colored two cute bees. (Bean Tip: make a "reverse" bee image, I simply snipped the wings off the image and glued them to the other side!)
For the little circle element, I first stamped the swirly dots and then went over them with some liquid dimensionals. After stamping my sentiment and punching it out, I assembled this fun card and will send it to my sissy for some "buzzy" happiness!
BEAN NOTES: Taylored Expressions Garden Party Critters Stamps; Memento Rich Cocoa Ink; Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Baja Breeze and Whisper White Card Stock; TE July Key Ingredients Card Stock and Designer Paper; Papertrey Ink Small Scallop Border Die; Big Shot; Foam Tape; Kaiser Pearls
HAPPY BEANS: Adirondack Espresso Liquid Dimensionals; Sakura Glitter Pen

10 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Oh, "bee"-have . . . love that cutie swirl and your mix of patterns. Hugs, M

Clare said...

How cute is this card, Regina! I love it!

queenteacuppapertreasures.blogspot.com

Laurel said...

So cute!!!

Carla said...

Oh Regina, your card is so fresh and fun. I love the touch of blue in it. Hope sis is better. Hugs,

Kathy Martin said...

This is sooooooooooo AWESOME! :)

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Love this card. The layout is great, but the way you pulled all the pieces together are great. it's got some great visual interest with many details, but is not overwhelming. Love it, love it!
http://creatingingodsimage.blogspot.com/

Cards by Gina said...

Too sweet! Love it!

Basement Stamper said...

What a fantastic card, I love the zva crystals tailing off the bee. Great job!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable - glad you are back!

Anonymous said...

I can't stand it!!! SOOOOO cute. Love this card...seriously. Nice. Happy Weekend!