Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Friends Remember...

to view an image up-close, please click on the photo

I have been saddened by some news around the card-making world, news of the passing of the loved ones of more than one talented and kind paper-crafting friend. Sympathy for someone else's loss is something that sets us apart as human beings and the one thing any of us can offer is love and friendship. I have been lucky enough to still have many of my dearest friends and family still with me, and so I thought I'd make a card for those in need of a kind thought at a difficult time in the hope that it might bring someone a small bit of comfort.


This week's Friday Challenge: Show Your Support is in honor of one of its own design team members, Becca Feeken, who recently lost her husband. Jen Tapler, my own fellow design team member at Clear & Simple Stamps, just lost her father to Alzheimer's. I wanted to show them I'm thinking of them with this card, and I was inspired by the soft, pretty colors at the Play Date Cafe Challenge. May anyone going through a rough time right now find a little peace and comfort.

BEAN NOTES
  • Stamps: My Garden and Cherish the Memories Nested Frames & Sentiments (JustRite Stampers)
  • Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava (Stampin' Up!); Classic Solar White (Neenah)
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
  • Templates: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
  • Dies: Classic Circle and Lacey Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
  • Accents: Pearls (KaiserCraft)
  • Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)

12 comments:

Mary Jo said...

What a very pretty card.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Regina this is fabulous. I love your 3 layer flowers. So pretty, and the pearls... what can I say, i LOVE those pearls!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful use of this weeks colors, wonderful dimension on your flower blossoms. I'm sure it will bring comfort to your friends in their time of loss. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card! I love the eyelet circle and the pearls! So soft and serene!

Sheri said...

This is just lovely! Those flowers are to die for!

Sarah Anderson said...

This is beautiful, and such a lovely thought! your decoupaged flowers are stunning. Thanks for playing in the cafe with us today :)

Julie Ranae said...

Such a lovely card and it's very kind of you to bring it to The Play Date Cafe...such thoughtfulness for our stamping friends....

Carla said...

You are so sweet and kind and your card is beautiful. Your design is gorgeous, I love how the flowers are off center of the circle. Hugs,

Steph Ackerman said...

this is so beautiful.

Marge said...

I too feel very sad for sweet Becca, though I do not know her personally. Such a difficult time for her. Your card is very pretty and such a beautiful, thoughtful sentiment!

Andrea Ewen said...

Very pretty, Regina. Love how you filled in those negative spaces on the Lacy Circle die cut...Very original~ A wonderful tribute to those who have saddened by loss.

vivacela said...

Oh Regina. As always..your cards are beautiful. Luv how you pop the flowers..ahhhh 3D (my fav) :D
I believed when you friend sees this card..it'll make her day sweeter.