Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happy BIRD Day!...

to view the image up-close, please click on the photo
Yay! Oh, how I have missed all of you! Now that I'm settled, I couldn't wait to get back to crafting and, lucky for me, there are a ton of birthdays this month and next, which gives me such a perfect excuse to get inky. Now that I'm back in California, I was thinking about all my friends who live here, including my lovely friend, Natali, who has a birthday in a couple weeks! I thought I'd make her a sweet card as she is a sweet gal, and I used the whimsical set, Birds of a Feather, from Taylored Expressions to help me out.
For this card, I let the colors of the pretty patterned paper lead the way, and I created a very simple design to go with it. The birdcage was popped up with some foam tape (Enabler Alert: if you love foam tape as much as I do, head over to Taylored Expressions for 20% off plus other sale goodies on through this Sunday!) Finally, I broke out some Liquid Pearls to add just a final touch of happy to a card for a good friend.

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: Birds of a Feather (Taylored Expressions)
Patterned Paper: Lime Twist Life of the Party (MME)
Cardstock: Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi (Stampin' Up!); Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Bamboo Leaves, Rich Cocoa Memento (Tsukineko); Groovy Guava (SU!)
Fibers: Wild Wasabi Stitched Grosgrain (SU!)
Accents: Liquid Pearls (Ranger)
Templates: Clouds Impression Plate (TE)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card Regina! I really love your color scheme and layout! Thanks for sharing... Have a great day and welcome back!!! :-)

Unknown said...

Lovely card ... soft and elegant! Welcome back! Hope your settling in nicely! ;o)