Monday, August 15, 2011

Masking Magic (and Thanks!)...

to view an image up-close, please click on the photo
My mom-in-law, Susan, treated me to my first-ever Scrapbook Expo over the weekend and we had so much fun roaming the convention hall and taking a few workshop classes. I wanted to thank her with a little card and I was inspired by this week's Lawnscaping Challenge: One Layer Magic. Single-layer cards are a huge challenge to me, and I thought I would brush off my masking skills and make a truly one-layer card.
BEAN SPOTLIGHT: If you are regular reader of TSB, you'll know that on occasion, I will highlight a product that I particularly love. Today I had to talk about one of my faves, Eclipse Tape, which is a MUST for masking. It's so thin that you don't have any issues with doing things like sponging (like my grassy hill), and, what's more, you can run it through your die-cutting machine, like I did for this card (the frame, clouds, and sun were all done with Eclipse Tape and dies.) Check it out HERE!

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: Critters on the Farm, "Thank You" single (Lawn Fawn)
Cardstock: Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko); Summer Sun, Pear Pizazz, Marina Mist, Peach Parfait
Dies: Labels One Nestabilities, Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Cloud Duo (PTI)
Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
Tools: Eclipse Tape

5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love your one-layer wonder! Thanks for the tip about the Eclipse tape.

Unknown said...

Super CUTE!!! ;o)

Laurel Beard said...

Wow, this is amazing. All the masking and colors you used on this card! Indeed a fabulous one layer card! The sentiment in the sun is perfect! So glad you joined us at Lawnscaping this week!

Heather Innusa said...

What a wonderful scene!!! I love the sun - and all of your fabby coloring - great card!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

This is such a cute & adorable scene, Regina! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping. :)