Wednesday, September 7, 2011

True Friend...

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo
I've been a fan of My Mind's Eye for a while, but just recently discovered their blog and found myself faced with a fun sketch challenge. The theme is "friendship," which is always a nice one and I decided to make my mother-in-law a "True Friend" card. We have an ongoing joke between us that she won't purchase any friendship-themed stamps because she claims she doesn't have any friends to send a card to (which just cracks me up!) She's my best stamping buddy, so I thought I'd go ahead and violate her rule with a card to show her how much of a friend she is to me!

I'm still on a "going through my stash" kick and I re-discovered some beautiful designer paper from MME that I had been hoarding. I enjoyed looking through all my mountains of paper and, though it's always almost painful for me to cut into a gorgeous piece, I was happy with the finished results.

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: "Friend" sentiment from World's Best set (Verve)
Patterned Paper: Penny Lane (My Mind's Eye)
Cardstock: Pear Pizazz, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Fibers: Twine (generic)
Accents: Decorative Brads (My Mind's Eye)
Dies: Medium Scallop Border (PTI); Go-Go Boots Alphabet Sizzlets (Sizzix)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)

6 comments:

Pam~ said...

You took a gorgeous piece of DSP and showcased it beautifully! This card is gorgeous! Your MIL is one lucky lady to receive this! That's really cool that you two have stamping in common. I love stamping with my daughter ... always lots of laughter!

Rachel G said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and this is a pretty sketch. I loved the story about your mama in law. :)

Lisa Lara said...

oh Regina...this is so striking!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What a fabulous sketch! I love how you showcased the DSP. The brads are the perfect touch!

Carla said...

Oh so beautiful. Your mom in-law will love it. You are such a super d-i-l. *smile* Hugs,

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors! ;o)