Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Scrumptious...

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo
November is a BIG birthday month among my friends and family and I am so behind! When I saw this month's My Mind's Eye Card Challenge sketch, I knew I had just the ticket to inspire me to get a move on. The challenge was also to use the color brown on the card, and that was perfect as it's one of my favorite complimentary colors.
I grabbed some happy paper from the Life of the Party collection and got started.

The center element of the sketch asked for a diecut or chipboard element. I really wanted to make cupcakes the focal point of this card, so I made my own chipboard! I took some thin cardboard from a cereal box and punched out circles 3-4 times, adhering each together and then adding the adorable punched cupcake/sentiment paper. After die-cutting my brown cardstock, I die-cut a window to set my chipboard element inside. But first, I created a fringed element by folding a piece of double-sided patterned paper in half, cutting with scissors, and then snipping off a wee bit of fringe here and there to let the complimentary paper show through. Then, with a wee bit of ribbon and some liquid pearls, I finished off my happy day birthday card...I think this one will go to my dear friend Loara. It's just her style: funky and fun!

BEAN NOTES
Patterned Paper: Lime Twist Life of the Party (My Mind's Eye)
Cardstock: Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink)
Fibers: Aqua Mist Ribbon (PTI)
Punches: 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 2" Scalloped Circle Punch (EK Success)
Dies: Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Top Note Die (Sizzix for SU!)
Accents: Mint Liquid Pearls (Ranger)
Other: Thin Cereal Box Cardboard

1 comment:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So cute! Love the fringed paper and your pop-out cupcake center.