Monday, March 5, 2012

The King of Cupcakes...


If you are a fan of Becky Fleck's PageMaps, you will love the sketch I got to play with as part of the Imaginisce Design Team. 


At first, I was a little anxious about creating a layout for this sketch, as I almost always have at least one large photograph as a jumping off point. But, I was up for a good challenge and what I discovered was that using the smaller photographs gave me a chance to show off many parts of one fun experience. In this case, it was baking mini cupcakes for my son to bring to school for his birthday.


I used the new Sole Sisters collection of patterned papers and created by own cupcakes by simply trimming circles and scoring some cardstock. For the "cherries," I used my new favorite tool, the i-Top and Brad Daddies to make my own custom embellishments.


I popped up all of the photos, which I framed with scalloped squares. Often, I like to flip, rotate, or really mess with a sketch, but I found this one to pretty much fit exactly what I needed! I hope you can enjoy a little sweet treat today, just like my little rugrat did on his birthday (okay, he had three before 10am, but that's what birthdays are for, right?)

BEAN NOTES
Patterned Paper: Sole Sisters collection (Imaginisce)
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides (PTI); Delightful Daffodil, Soft Sky (SU!)
Specialty Cardstock: White-Washed (Core'Dinations)
Tools: Scalloped Square Punch (EK Success); Creative Station (Xyron); i-Top and Brad Daddies (Imaginisce)
Templates: Dotted Swiss Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
Dies: Notebook (PTI); Studio Alphabet, Ginger Alphabet (Lifestyle Crafts)


2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Love this page!

Unknown said...

What a sweet memory you scrapped today! Love the photos! ;o)