Thursday, May 31, 2012

Shower Me With Jewels...


Did your week fly by as quickly as mine did? One reason is this week's Magni-top Jewelry Week at Imaginisce! 
I hope you have been enjoying my teammates' fabulous creations on the Imaginisce Blog -- I'm so excited to finally get to share mine with you today.


First up is an oh-so-glamorous pendant I created using the Magni-top Necklace and Pendant. I really wanted to create a fun and flirty piece to give to a very good friend of mine for when she goes out.


Of course, you can't forget the packaging, which I die-cut from some chic Sole Sisters patterned paper.


Nestled inside is the necklace, which, as you can see, is removable from its metal base because of the cool magnet inside. I want to create a couple more pendants that my friend can change out depending on her outfit...and mood!


Next up is a close-up of the pendant. I used the i-Top and some felt to create the base. Then, with the i-Rock and some very blingy Hot Rocks, I adhered on the sparkly fun.


I hope my friend loves this necklace as much as I loved creating it!


Next up is my second jewelry project -- a Photo Charm Bracelet!


This time, I decided to make something for myself, and I love having something that features my two favorite boys. To create this bracelet, I used the ready-to-go Charm Bracelet and Pendants, which made this super easy and quick.


I chose one of my favorite color combinations for the two mini charms. 
BEAN TIP: I would recommend you not include the magnets inside the charms if you are planning on making a bracelet. They will attract one another and cause the charms to stick together. To create the charms, use a glue gun to apply the backings.


I printed the photo on some photo canvas and trimmed to fit the i-Top tool. To seal it, I applied a thin layer of Mod Podge. I covered the mini charms in cardstock using the faux suede technique (check out my "Techniques" button at the top of my blog if you would like to know how to do this fun technique.)


Well there you have it! Two pieces of jewelry (one to give, one to keep!) Of course, the photo bracelet would make a lovely Mother's Day or birthday gift, too. Don't forget to check out the rest of the Imaginisce Design Team projects over on the blog for more bejeweled inspiration and for details on how you can win a fab prize!

BEAN NOTES
Hot Rock Necklace
Accents: Magnet Daddies - Large (Imaginisce); Hot Rocks (Imaginisce)
Tools: i-Top (Imaginisce); i-Rock (Imaginisce)
Felt (Papertrey Ink)

Alterable: Magni-top Necklace and Pendant (Imaginisce)
Box: Necklace Box (Lori Whitlock for Silhouette); Sole Sisters Patterned Paper (Imaginisce); Cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

Photo Charm Bracelet

Accents: Magnet Daddies - Large and Medium (Imaginisce)
Specialty Paper: Printable Canvas (Strathmore)
Adhesive: Mod-Podge; Super Glue
Tools: i-Top (Imaginisce)
Alterable: Magni-top Charm Bracelet and Pendants (Imaginisce)
Cardstock: Soft Suede and Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up!)



No comments: