Friday, August 24, 2012

Fun With Flock!

Happy Friday! Today is my day over on the ScrapbookSteals.com Blog and I'm showing off something really fun -- Doodlebug Designs Velvet FlockIf you are like me, you may not have even heard of flock! What is it? I like to think of it as soft, happy fuzz. 


At first, I was a little intimidated by these darling little jars of crushed velvet flock, but then I realized that it would be a great way to add some fun texture to a project. I decided to create three cards with just a small sampling of the amazing colors that come in the package of 12.


First up is one for all you owl fans! After die-cutting out my tree, grass, and owls, I applied some of the flock to the shapes. 



Tip: to get a smooth, even texture, apply adhesive with either an adhesive sheet before you die-cut your shapes or with an adhesive applicator (like a Xyron Create a Sticker) after you have cut your shapes. Then, sprinkle liberally, press down, and shake off excess.


Next, I thought it would be fun to create a shaped card. What could be more warm and fuzzy than a happy brown bear? I die-cut the bear shape using my electronic die-cutter and applied the flock to just the top overlay. I love the touchable texture of the "fur" and added a sweet banner and fun googly eyes.


For my third card, I thought I would make a girlie thank you card for my aunt, who is a poodle lover. The trimmed fur of a poodle was just perfect to use with flock!



I love how the flock looks on the tail and legs of the poodle. 

I hope you enjoyed my "fun with flock" cards today. Once I got over my initial intimidation, I had such a terrific time adding texture to my projects. Thanks so much to ScrapbookSteals for bringing a little flock into my life--head on over there for some terrific deals on this and other scrapbook supplies!

BEAN NOTES
Owl Card
Cardstock: Solar White (Neenah), brown and gray textured (American Crafts), Delightful Daffodil, Basic Black, Peach Parfait, Real Red (Stampin' Up!); Patterned Paper: Petite Prints (Doodlebug Design); Accents: Velvet Flock (Doodlebug Design); Fibers: Hemp Twine (Stampin' Up!), Stamp: sentiment from Tiny Valentine (PTI); Dies: Scallop Square (Sizzix); Digital File: 2 Owl Set, Apple Tree (Lori Whitlock for Silhouette)
Bear Card
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Pool Party (Stampin' Up!); Accents: Velvet Flock (Doodlebug Design), Google Eyes (generic); Stamps: Bannerific (Lawn Fawn), Alphabet (PTI); Digital File: Card Kit Bear (Lori Whitlock for Silhouette)
Poodle Card
Cardstock: Basic Gray (Stampin' Up!), Solar White (Neenah); Patterned Paper: Petite Prints (Doodlebug Design); Accents: Velvet Flock (Doodlebug Design); Fibers: ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Dies: Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Stamps: Bannerific, Merci (Lawn Fawn); Digital File: Poodle (Loni Harris for Silhouette)


2 comments:

Mary Fish said...

adorable, right down to the tire swing!

Ann Schach said...

I love them all, Regina! The pink poodle card is adorable..and my favorite!