Monday, February 4, 2013

I Adore You


It's Valentine's Week at Imaginisce and I love Valentine's Day because I love making and sending valentines! I wanted to create an old-fashioned valentine with a modern feel. I wanted to make a great big shaped (a heart, of course!) valentine that opens to reveal a nice and loving sentiment. For this project, I reached for the Love You More collection -- I just love its gorgeous pink and grey hues.


I used the wonderfully pretty stickers from the collection's sticker sheet and popped them up over the front cover, which was die-cut from patterned paper. (Tip: If you have a sticker that you'd like to turn into a dimensional, simply apply one sticky side of foam tape to the sticker then brush the remaining adhesive with baby powder to take away the adhesive. Then remove the backing on the foam tape and, voila!, you have a dimensional sticker!) 


I "blinged" up the scallops on my heart with some hot rocks and my i-Rock tool.


The front of the card opens in two panels.




I made sure to embellish the inside, spelling out my sentiment using the darling alpha stickers in the collection.


The card fully opened was a bit too big to photograph, but I think you get the idea!


I hope you enjoyed my Valentine's Day-themed project today. Be sure to visit the Imaginisce blog all this week for tons of Love Day inspiration!

5 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

I love this! Love how it opens up and all the layers of paper/embellishments. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE this project so much. Great job... as always! :-)

Bananastamper said...

So cute and so fun! Love all those fantastic papers and fun embellishments!

Ann Schach said...

This is just too cute! These little birds are adorable. I love the way the card opens, and how you have decorated the inside.

Oak Pond SC said...

Regina I found your blog from Imaginisce's blog. WOW! Your creations are stunning. I'm so glad I stopped by. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs and happy crafting <3-Kim