Thursday, February 6, 2014

Taylored Expressions February Release Day: Retro Chic

It's Release Day at Taylored Expressions! I am showcasing the new cutting plates being released today, the Retro Cutting Plate and the Ruffle My Feathers Cutting Plate. These are sure to become well-used in the years to come. My first card uses the Retro Cutting Plate and was just right as I wanted to make a chic and elegant card.


By simply running the plate through with three different colors of cardstock and replacing certain pieces, I was able to create this lovely background that reminded my of a stained glass Tiffany window. I added some stamped images from the set, Make It Amazing, along with some vellum butterflies for a pretty card fit for many occasions.


My second card uses the very cool Ruffle My Feathers Cutting Plate. I love the look of this die-cut background -- by adding a little bling, it took my card to a whole new level. I was so taken with the look that I added just a silhouette image from Embrace Beauty and a pretty ribbon to finish it off.


BEAN NOTES

1 comment:

wendy said...

so creative with the bling!!!