Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Taylored Expressions Release Week: All the World's a Stage...


Hi there, crafty peeps! Today I'm sharing some really fun new projects with you. I got to play along with my pals at Taylored Expressions for Release Week and I can't wait to share what I've been creating!


Both projects I'm sharing use a new die called In the Garden. It's a beautiful silhouette die and in my first card I've paired it with the new Center Stage Cutting Plate. I absolutely love both these dies for the striking cards they can create. I sponged a sunset with distress inks and then adhered the silhouette over that. The Center Stage plate comes with a lot of little accouterment for the stage and I used the pretty curtain ties on this card.


Next up is another card I made with In the Garden, but this time I trimmed off part of it so that I could focus on just the tree and bicycle. I love when I can get a lot out of a single die. I could just as easily used the girl and fence portion for this card.


I used Stitched Square Stacklets to frame the sponged die-cut (again with distress inks) and stamped a pretty sentiment on a Stitched Banner Stacklets banner. I am such a sucker for stitching!


I used the new iii Embossing Folder and used the debased side as I wanted a flatter card. It's such a pretty pattern and I love the little butterflies fluttering among the vines. This pretty card was very quick -- it only took about 20 minutes and that was because I couldn't decide what sentiment to use!

I hope you will visit my buddies at the Taylored Expressions Blog as they are sharing some really fantastic projects today! Release Day is this Thursday, so stay tuned!




1 comment:

Kim S said...

These are both absolutely beautiful. I love the stage and the soft colors behind the silhouette. The portion of the border in blue as a thinking of you card is truly sweet.