Thursday, April 6, 2017

Butterflies & Blooms!

Happy April, crafty friends! Today I get to share two pretty projects that I created for the April Release at Taylored Expressions. I'm excited to share them with you because they were so fun to create. The first project is this elegant card I made using the new Simply Stamped - Butterflies.

I tried out the new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink on Oreo card stock and I thought the results were very nice -- inking on dark card stock is a challenge and these were fun to use. I added sparkle and shimmer with some Wink of Stella and Wink of Luna pens before die-cutting the butterflies out with the handy dies that coordinate. 

I carefully outlined using the pens. The shimmer is really lovely. 

I used the Ornate Frame Cutting Plate to frame up my card. I don't usually make black cards, so this was a little outside the comfort zone for me. I added some color by sponging more distress ink using one of the included frames in the Cutting Plate as a mask on vellum. I love how it looks on the Heavyweight Vellum!

Next is a Mother's Day card I made with the new Block Party Mom die. It's a cool die because you can move it anywhere you want on your card. Here, I also used the new Quatrefoil Embossing Folder to add some pretty texture.

I used some TE Wool Felt in new heather colors, which I thought was brought out by the Earl Gray strips of card stock I added to the top and bottom of the "Mom". These were cut out using the new Mini Bloomers 2 die set. I topped each off with an Enamel Shape in Sugar Cube. Super sweet!

And for the inside, I used the new sentiment set, Simply Said Mom. It was the perfect, simple way to finish off the card.

I hope you enjoyed my projects today!  Be sure to visit the TE Blog today for more projects from their amazing design team! 




No comments: