Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baroque Thoughts (Color Throwdown 43)...


To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.

I have been in a bit of a card-making frenzy, as this is my third card this week! I couldn't resist the Color Throwdown, as it called for colors I don't often use. The Splitcoast Stampers Wednesday Card Sketch was a good match, so here is my (I swear) last card for the week. Here I used the Faux Dry Embossing Technique and a little paper piercing. Some foam dimensionals popped up the blossoms on this "baroque" bouquet.
BEAN NOTES: Stampin Up' Baroque Basics and All-Year Cheer I Stamps; SU Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant Classic Dye Ink; SU Very Vanilla Craft Ink; SU Very Vanilla, Lavender Lace, Old Olive, and Elegant Eggplant Cardstock; Debbie Mum Baby Boy Designer Mat Paper; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic); Purple Brads (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Ornare Piercing Template; Paper Piercer


10 comments:

Diana Mancuso said...

This card is just stunning! It really turned out beautifully! I especially love the flourishes and the dimension of the flowers! Great job!

Tracy said...

Very cool. Love the elegance of this card

Leonie said...

Such a pretty card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a beauty!! I love your design, and especially the piercing in the corner! Great detail! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

LeAnne said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I have never been able to get the hang of that faux embossing technique, but you have done a great job here! I just love what you have done with this stamp set and these colors!!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week and be sure to come back again!

Broni said...

Very pretty! I love how you used the layout and the layered flowers are wonderful!! Thanks for playing!!

Pam Speidel said...

This is gorgeous! Love all the extra details.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous! Very elegant! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you again next time!

Cathy Rulli said...

Very pretty - great job combining the challenges - thanks for playing!

Susan Mangum said...

This is beautiful---using the baroque stamp as a flower stem and leaves with the dimensional flowers is a fabulous idea. And the colors are beautiful together!