Sunday, December 11, 2011

Head in the Clouds...

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo

November is such a crazy month of birthdays that I'm sorry to say I fell behind. Enter the "belated birthday card" -- a very important theme that is too often neglected! I was inspired by this month's My Mind's Eye Card Challenge to create just such a card (because it's even more important to send something nice when you've forgotten a birthday!


When I saw the sketch, I immediately thought of some fun patterned paper that I've been holding onto, just waiting for the right project. I love sketches because they are so open to interpretation and this one from Anam Stubbington will be going into my sketch pad for future use. I love the spotlight technique and thought I'd try a little twist on it by taking a second sheet of the same paper and punching out just the darling kites. Then, I turned them into chipboard elements with some cereal box cardboard and mounted them onto the first sheet of paper.

Next, I had the perfect sentiment from Taylored Expressions's In the Clouds set, which I stamped directly onto the patterned paper. I cut out the second part of the sentiment and created a little banner, to which I added the tiniest little bit of baker's twine to, which I attached with a wee staple. I love the vertical size of this card, which really does get my head in the clouds!

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: In the Clouds (Taylored Expressions)
Patterned Paper: Lime Twist Fly a Kite (My Mind's Eye)
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa (Stampin' Up!); Choice Buttercream (TE)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
Fibers: Cappuccino Baker's Twine (The Twinery)
Accents: Tiny Staples (Tim Holtz)
Hole Punch: Circle Punches (EK Success)



Pin It

2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Such a SWEET card! Love your punched out kites! :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! ;o)