Friday, December 9, 2011

Vintage Tonic...



It seems to me that whenever I am in need of a "Get Well" card, I don't have one handy. I know that a nice card can go a long way when it comes to making a sick person feel better, but sometimes illness comes up so suddenly that I have to rush around trying to make a card. I thought I would use this week's Mojo Monday sketch to get one done to have on hand for my next friend or loved one who could use a boost.

When I saw this week's Pals Paper Arts "Puttin' On the Ritz" Challenge, I was moved to create a 20s-inspired card. I found some lovely vintage-y paper and embellishments. I love the bloom, which is a rub-on, that I fussy cut and placed over some pretty, satin ribbon to emulate the headbands worn by "flappers" from this ritzy era.
I added a perfectly simple sentiment from Taylored Expressions's Embrace Beauty. The stitching on the center element is actually a stamped border from Borderlicious! I added a bit of vellum and some wee pearls to complete my vintage card, which I hope will prove a dose of tonic for a friend in need.

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: Embrace Beauty and Borderlicious (Taylored Expressions)
Patterned Paper: Sweetness and Believe (Pink Paislee)
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento (Tsukineko)
Fibers: Pink Satin Ribbon (Americancrafts)
Accents: Sweetness Rub-On (Pink Paislee); Pearls (Kaisercraft)
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa (Stampin' Up!); Choice Buttercream (TE)
Specialty Paper: Vellum (PTI)


5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is beautifully vintage! Love all of the details - and the colors are so soft and pretty!

Mary Fish said...

wow, wow, wow. did i say "wow?" beautiful vintage project. you can do it all! hugs, m

Ann Schach said...

A beautiful vintage card, Regina! Wonderful details!

Nina Dee said...

Oh my gosh Regina! This is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing along at Pals Paper Arts! :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the many layers your used to create this lovely! Good Luck with the publication! ;o)