Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's All About Thanks...



I think 'Thank You' cards are my favorite kind of card to make. I have noticed that thanking someone for doing something nice isn't something that seems to be that important to a lot of people anymore, but I'm still a firm believer. I was in the mood to make a more masculine card today, and I took this week's Mojo Monday sketch as a jumping off point.


I like to change sketches up a bit, which is the great thing about sketches. For this card, the patterned paper actually said, "It's All About YOU!" -- which would have sufficed, I suppose, for a thank you card, but I wanted to hit home my gratitude just a bit more, so I removed part of the sentiment and added my own on a Mini Tag from Taylored Expressions, and the simple word fit right in!



BEAN NOTES
Stamps: "thanks" from Vintage Dreamer set (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento (Tsukineko)
Patterned Paper: Awesome (Simple Stories)
Cardstock: Bleu Bayou, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Green Textured (Bazzill)
Fibers: Bleu Bayou Stitched Grosgrain, Hemp Twine (Stampin' Up!)
Accents: Buttons: Sasparilla Buttons (October Afternoon)
Dies: Mini Tags (Taylored Expressions)


4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Regina,
Your card jumped off the linky!! So cute.

Unknown said...

You did an awesome job with this sketch! Love all the DP! Great card! ;o)

Lynne said...

This is a great card. I love how you have designed it. Thanks a bunch. Lynne from OZ

Lynne said...

This is a great card. I love how you have designed it. Thanks a bunch. Lynne from OZ