Thursday, May 10, 2012

Salsa & Molé...


Happy Thursday to all my crafty friends! I just got back from a trip to the beautiful Southwest and am glad to be home. I'm especially excited today because I got to come back and play with some fun products from Canvas Corp, pairing them with Imaginisce for a very cool blog hop! 


I thought I would make an unusual layout for today's hop. I was very intrigued by the 12" x 12" Canvas Fabricpage and loved the rustic feel of the "sheet." I've been wanting to scrap my little rugrat's day with the sheep at the zoo, and I thought this would be just perfect.


I "laced" up some Canvas Cord by attaching eyelets along the bottom of the page. It was very easy to do, as the canvas was pretty sturdy.


Using the Imaginisce i-Top and some extra canvas, I created some canvas brads. First, I sprayed some glimmer mist on the material and let it dry. Then, I used they-Top to make these cool brads, quick as a wink!


The names of the sheep that my son was so attached to were Salsa and Molé -- cute, yes? So, I decided to make their names the title of my page. I die-cut the letters from the Happy Harvest collection paper I still had on had. I love the colors and they went just perfectly with the burlap pennant from Canvas Corp.

BEAN NOTES
Patterned Paper: Happy Harvest collection (Imaginisce)
Fibers: Canvas Cord, Canvas Fabricpage, Canvas Tags, Burlap (Canvas Corp.)
Accents: Metallic Hot Rocks (Imaginisce); Brad Daddies (Imaginisce); Large Eyelets (Making Memories); Red Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels)
Tools: i-Rock, d-Stress,  and i-Top (Imaginisce); Crop-a-Dile (Making Memories)
Dies: Alphabet (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)

I hope you enjoyed my layout today! Please visit the Imaginisce blog for more Canvas Corp fun from my other teammates. You could win a fun prize!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bean! This is so full of neat ideas and techniques. I love what you're doing lately! Every last project. :-)

Bethany Becker said...

I love the dimension on this layout and all the different techniques. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Lovely FUN layout! The ripped cardstock looks so cool. ;o)