Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Things You Can Do With a Glue Gun...


I love glue. I have many different types for different uses, but sometimes I really need something that has a strong hold, but without the mess of super glue (my sticky fingers can attest to that!) This week, my Imaginisce teammates and I are playing with the i-Bond hot glue tool. 
I love the i-Bond because hot glue is such an excellent adhesive. But, I thought I'd try to do something a little different with it to really show off how great this little tool is.


As an experiment, I "shot" some glue onto a craft sheet (you can get these at your local craft store) which would allow the glue to harden but also allow me to remove it. I wanted to see if I could use the Mini Glitter Glue Sticks to create some little "rose buds". To start, I began with just a small dab of glue -- it doesn't have to be perfect. 


Then, I swirled the glue around the center, similar to frosting a cupcake, and built a little "bud". 


In just a minute, I had sweet little blooms that added some wonderful dimension to my project.


It's fun thinking up new ways to use a tool! I hope you visit the Imaginisce blog for more i-Bond inspiration!

BEAN NOTES
(patterned paper from Love You More collection) Imaginisce; Tools: i-Bond and Glitter Mini Glue Sticks (Imaginisce); Stamps: (sentiment) Taylored Expressions; Fibers: (grosgrain ribbon) Kate's Paperie; Cardstock: (green, pink, white) Stampin' Up!; Ink: (Purely Pomegranate) Stampin' Up!; Dies: (leafy branch) Taylored Expressions



2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

This is pure genius Regina! LOVE!

Davi said...

Such a clever idea, make fabulous buds and pretty card :)