Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Wishes & Celebrate (Hero Arts Photo Challenge)...

I recently discovered the Hero Club blog and have been wanting to try one of their fun challenges. This week, the task is to create a project, card, or scrapbook page utilizing a photograph or magazine photo and at least one Hero Arts stamp. How could I pass up an opportunity to feature my little rugrat for a prize?

To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.

Happy Wishes...

For this card, I played with the photograph in iPhoto, removing color until I got it to a pretty blue tone to match Stampin' Up's Baja Breeze cardstock. My little guy loves dandelions, and I used StazOn White Opaque ink to stamp these cuties directly onto the photo. To give the image a three-dimensional feeling, I printed out a second copy of the photo and carefully cut out the top half of my son, adhering the cut piece to the original with foam dimensional squares. Doesn't he look like he is ready to make a happy wish?
BEAN NOTES: Hero Arts "Happy Wishes" Happy Wavy Border Stamp; Stampin' Up Happy Harmony Stamp; StazOn White Opaque Ink; Memento London Fog Marker; SU Baja Breeze Cardstock; The Paper Company Bronze Jewel Metallic Cardstock; Cuttlebug Sliders Die; Paper Shapers 1-1/8" Circle Punch; Big Shot; Blue/Brown Ribbon (generic); Kaiser Dark Brown Pearls
HAPPY BEANS: Computer and Printer; Fine-tipped Scissors; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic)

Celebrate...

I created this scrapbook page on 8X8" designer paper so that I could frame it in a shadowbox. This photo was from our little guy's first birthday. I again wanted a blue tint, this time to match the cute DCWV Designer Paper. This photograph was printed out four times and I cut out the three main elements of the image (the closer the element was to the foreground, the more layers) for three-dimensional depth. This cutting technique is incredibly time-consuming, but I think the finished product is worth it!
BEAN NOTES: Hero Arts "Celebrate" Happy Wavy Border Stamp; Memento Tuxedo Black Marker; DCWV All-Occasion Designer Paper; Silver Metallic Cardstock (generic); Dark Blue Textured Cardstock (generic); SU Whisper White Cardstock; Bazzil Pear Crush Cardstock; Paper Shapers 1", 1-1/2" and 1-3/4" Circles Punches; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic); Hero Arts Gemstones
HAPPY BEANS:
Computer and Printer; Fine-tipped Scissors; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic)

1 comment:

Beverley said...

Beautiful card, like how you edited the photo :)