Thursday, June 4, 2009

Love In Bloom (MMSC4)...


To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.

For this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, I decided to make a wedding card, as I would like to make a set of all-occasion cards to give as a gift. I thought I would experiment a little with some Distress Ink and a watercolor blending pen and I was pleasantly surprised by the soft and subtle results. I first stamped the rose image with Tattered Rose and applied my blender pen directly to the pad to fill it in. Next, I used just water to highlight and "push" the color away from the petals. Finally, I dipped the pen into some concentrated ink to outline the rose for more depth. I liked how the sketch framed the rose and the leafy cutout, and the inside of the card reads: "May happiness be yours today and always."
BEAN NOTES: Stampin' Up Fifth Avenue Floral and Elegant Greetings (inside) Stamps; Tim Holtz Tattered Rose and Old Paper Distress Ink; SU Basic Grey Classic Dye Ink; Making Memories Wedding Designer Paper; DCWV Dark Gray Textured Cardstock; SU Pink Pirouette and Very Vanilla Cardstock; Kaiser Pearls
HAPPY BEANS: Cuttlebug Leafy Embossing Folder; Big Shot

4 comments:

Priscilla said...

Super Pretty...I love those corners...so delicate :) Thanks for playing :)

Carolyn said...

I SERIOUSLY LOVE this card!! It is soooo beautiful. I adore the colors that you chose. Thank you for playing with us. I hope you will play again!!

Hop over to my blog for some great blog candy I have up for grabs.

Carolyn, MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Michelle's Daydreams said...

I just love the way the rose and it's leaves work in and out of the frame! Very Beautiful! :)

Michelle, MMDT
http://daydreamsbymichelle.blogspot.com/

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!!! tfs!!