Monday, June 8, 2009

A Roaring Father's Day (Verve June Project Parade...)


For my wonderful father-in-law, I wanted to create a project for the Verve June Project Parade (It's a Guy Thing) that would show him how much he means to us. I had made the tiger card for my husband to give, and thought it would be cute to pair it with a matching picture frame from his grandson. For card details, please click here. The frame was made from a plain silver frame I picked up at my local Target store for a couple bucks. I covered it with the same Debbie Mumm Designer Mat Paper as the card, and double-stamped the adorable animals from The Paper Company Studio's Jungle clear stamp set. After coloring the images in with Copic Sketch Markers, I popped them up with some dimensionals. The sentiments are from Verve's World's Best set. As my son calls his grandfather "Papa," I used a Stampin' Write Marker from Stampin' Up to only ink in the "PA" portion of "Grandpa" and stamped it twice!

To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.





























3 comments:

Tricia T said...

This is just adorable! Great project!!

Janelle Stollfus said...

So cute and great creativity stamping PAPA!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just ADORABLE! Love those little animals. Thanks for playing! :)