Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Day at the Sea...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

I hate throwing things away, and if I can salvage anything from anywhere to use in a project, I will! For this week's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge (#17 - Red, Aqua, Cream, Chocolate, and Kraft,) I reused a piece of one of my son's onesies from when he was just a tiny babe. I loved the sweet little poem on his red Janie and Jack outfit and saved it -- and now it has found its way onto this card!
BEAN NOTES: Papertrey Ink Fancy Flourishes Stamp; Stampin' Up Baja Breeze Classic Dye Ink; SU Very Vanilla, Real Red, Baja Breeze Cardstock; Kraft Cardstock (generic); Dark Brown Grosgrain Ribbon (generic) Crop-a-Dile Corner Rounder
HAPPY BEANS: Janie and Jack Onesie

13 comments:

Hollie Shepard said...

Wow I love that bow!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet card and a wonderful use of your son's onesie! I gave that J&J set to a friend, too! :) Love it!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun bow and flourish accents. Way to go on Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Cards by Gina said...

What a great idea to use that piece from your son's onesie...and what a fantastic card! Love the bow too!

Inspired Scrapper said...

Love how you repurposed the onesie :) very adorable card

Mary Fish said...

Wow . . . those colors are amazing and I love your "recycling" idea. Hugs, M

Jessica said...

This card is super cute!!! I love how you used the onsie. The saying on it is adorable!!

Carla said...

What a terrific card and that onsie... fabulous.

Scrapping Julie said...

adorable!!!

Andrea M said...

Great way to reduce, reuse, recycle - plus it makes a fantastic card! It's so adorable

Jenna Wunderlich said...

fantastic idea! There's a reason we keep these things eh?:)

Sue Lelli said...

What a FAB way to recycle the onesie! Your card is adorable! The added flourish is a nice touch!

Winter said...

So sweet! What a great idea! I think you would enjoy this challenge, if you don't like throwing things away!
http://courtbaker.blogspot.com/2009/09/everything-but-kitchen-sink-challege.html