Friday, October 2, 2009

Best Witches!...


To view the image up-close, please click on the photo.

It's Friday, and Taylor's Cupcake Challenge was hiding in her post today and am I glad I found it! It gave me another nudge toward making my Halloween cards, and this nifty little sketch worked for me today. I used a retired Stampin' Up image, paper piecing the little witch's dress, hat, and pumpkin purse before framing her with some sponged Dusty Durango. For this card, I decided to stick to traditional colors. She isn't very spooky, but I love how sweet she is, perfect for some Halloween treats, rather than tricks!
BEAN NOTES: Stampin' Up Tag Time and Eat, Drink, and Be Scary Stamps, and Papertrey Ink Vintage Labels Stamp; SU Only Orange Craft Ink; SU Dusty Durango and Basic Black Classic Dye Ink; SU Stampin' Write Markers (Creamy Caramel, Only Orange, Glorious Green, Lovely Lilac); Making Memories Black Tie Designer Paper; SU Dusty Durango, Whisper White, and Basic Black Cardstock; SU Dusty Durango Grosgrain Ribbon; Filigree Clear Embossing Powder; Paper Shapers 1-1/8" and 1-3/8" Circle Punches; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic)
HAPPY BEANS: Spellbinders Labels One Nestabilities; Big Shot

3 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Very cute witch. Nice choice of colours with the Durango. It has inspired me to use that colour a little more than I have.

LeAnne said...

OMW, I have this little witch sitting right here on my desk, but I haven't used her in forever! Love what you've done--the colors, everything, is just perfect! So cute!

Linda Callahan said...

Love all the dots - this is adorable!