Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Joyful Season...


To view an image up-close, please click on the photo.

I was having a bluesy Tuesday, so I thought I'd perk up a little with one of the card sketches over at 2 Sketches 4 You. (Nothing like creating to make some sunshine!) This week's is from the very talented Kazan and I chose to make a Christmas card to add to my growing stash. For some reason, I hemmed and hawed over this sketch until, finally, the elements came together for what I hope is a bright, pretty card.
First, I disassembled the various parts of the "JOY" image and paper-pieced the sweet bird, holly, and ribbon, adding a little bling and flock for good measure. For the sentiment, I used markers to highlight the scripted words, a technique I just love for it's subtle bit of something special. Finally, I added a big, happy satin bow and a single red button to finish off this festive card. Now I have a smile on my face!
BEAN NOTES: Taylored Expressions Wings of Joy Stamps; Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; Stampin' Write Markers (Real Red, Brocade Blue, and Old Olive); Memento Tuxedo Black Marker; Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red Classic Dye Ink; Jolly by Golly Designer Paper; SU Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Real Red, and Old Olive Cardstock; Quickutz Large Polka Dots Embossing Folder; Big Shot; Red Button (generic); Paper Shapers 1-3/4" Circle and 2" Scalloped Circle Punches; Clear Gemstones (generic); White Fun Flock; Ranger Diamond and Christmas Red Stickles; Signo Uni-ball Gel Pen; EK Success Dotted Scallop Punch; Foam Dimensional Squares (generic) HAPPY BEANS: Kate's Paperie Red No. 53 Satin Ribbon; Crop-A-Dile Chomper Corner Rounder

8 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is fabulous! Love the embossing and the stamped sentiment! Great job with the sketch!

♥ Lea

Mary Fish said...

Fantastic . , , the holiday touches (love the bird) on the letters is clever and charming. Hugs, M

Carla said...

Yep, those letters are my favorite too. Great, fun card. Hugs,

Ann Schach said...

Bright and cheerful, Regina! Wonderful as always!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh so festive and pretty! Love the quote stamp! :) Kathy

Patti MacLeith said...

Excellent! I love your attention to detail.

Kathryn said...

I love little Christmas birds. Thanks for sharing! :)

Have a great weekend,
--Kathryn

Unknown said...

this is so pretty - I LOVE what you did with the sketch :)