Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Make a Wish! (TE Sneak Peek Day One)...

to view an image up-close, please click on the photo


Today marks my debut on the Taylored Expressions Baker's Dozen Design Team and I feel like celebrating. This year, the September Release is extra special as it marks TE's second anniversary--HOORAY! We're all partying this week, so come join us for some fabulous sneak peeks with the big reveal this Friday. 
For my first sneaky peeky, I decided to make a surprise pop-up slider card using the scrumptious new set from the Whimsical Wishes line, Make a Wish (designed by the uber-talented Nancy McKinney). This set is part of TE's wonderful Giving Tree charity program. For the months of October, November, and December, you'll be helping to support a national charity that grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. TE will donate $7.00 for every set sold during this time period!



I love the topsy-turvy cake, to which I added several sparkly star candles and set it on the pretty cake stand. I colored the image with Copics and glittered it up with Stickles. After constructing the pop-up card base, I covered it with card stock and some of the gorgeous patterened paper from the Make a Wish Project Pantry kit. I then stamped the big and bold "Make a Wish" banner and the perfect sentiment in the window below. Now, pull on the big happy bow and "Surprise!" -- may all your wishes come true.


BEAN NOTES: *All materials are Taylored Expressions unless otherwise noted: Make a Wish Stamps; Memento Rich Cocoa Ink; Make a Wish Project Pantry kit (Textured Card Stock and Imaginisce Bday Bash Patterned Paper); Copic Sketch Markers; Red Satin Ribbon (generic); Taylor's Tiny Twinkles; Foam Tape 
HAPPY BEANS: Ranger Stickles


to view an image up-close, please click on the photo

My second card today is much simpler, though it shows off one of TE's coolest new tools...Taylored Dies. This one is from a soon-to-be released set of three balloon dies that coordinate perfectly with the Make a Wish set! For this card, I gradient inked this adorable balloon image several times and die-cut them out. Talk about a time saver!

I also used another set that is releasing this week, Borderlicious. It's a fab set of seven borders (check out the rest of this week for some fun ways I used this cool set) and here I paired two together to create my own background paper. (Bean Tip: use grid paper and a grid acrylic block for easy-peasy patterned stamping.) The handy dandy patterned paper from the Make a Wish Project Pantry kit was a terrific match and I used the included super cute baker's twine as the balloons' strings. After stamping the simply happy sentiment, I ran a little line of Tiny Twinkles for some sparkle and shine.

BEAN NOTES: *All materials are Taylored Expressions unless otherwise noted: Make a Wish and Borderlicious Stamps; VersaMagic Dew Drop Chalk Ink; Make a Wish Project Pantry kit (Textured Card Stock and Imaginisce Bday Bash Patterned Paper); Tiny Twinkles; Foam Tape
HAPPY BEANS: Balloon Taylored Die

Happy Birthday, Taylored Expressions! All of the goodies I used today (plus much more!) will be available this Friday, September 3 beginning at 8 am PST. Tune in tomorrow for more birthday fun. In the meantime, be sure to check out the fabulous projects dreamed up by the Baker's Dozen:

21 comments:

slbt17 said...

oh my, oh my! I love these projects!
Sandra

Karen Giron said...

Um, ok. Words are escaping me. I'm completely lost in the fabulousness of this card! WOW!!! All the elements are so gorgeous together and the pop out? AMAZING! Love this!

Taylor said...

WOWZERS, Regina! Whoever receives this amazing pop-up card is one lucky birthday girl (or guy!). I wouldn't even know where to start to create something this fabulous! LOVE IT!

Love your simple card showing off the cool borders and the balloons too!

Jami said...

*THUD*
That pop up card is amazing! I made one of those once (much simpler version) and I said never again - LOL! Yours is gorgeous! Also love the way you showcased the border set!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Wow is right! This is stunning! Look how your coloring matches the paper! OMG...
FAB - U- LOUS! great card

Jackie Pedro said...

And what a debut it is!!!! The surprise pop up card has me speechless....and that doesn't happen very often!! LOL! The second card is glorious! I love the gradient ink....looks wonderful!!!

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Goodness GIRL YOU ROCK !!
Fab Cards:)

Kristie W. said...

Oh WOW, you really knocked your debut right out of the park! The pop up card is AMAZING!!!! What a gorgeous piece of art!!

Very cool card showing the new borders and balloon dies!

Linda Callahan said...

Way to make an entrance! Out of the park fabulous!

Ann Schach said...

Creative and unique..the hallmark of your designs! And top that off with adorable, too!

Patti MacLeith said...

SUCH fun cards, Regina!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh my so so so cute!

Sharon Harnist said...

Fabulous cards, Regina -- congrats on joining the Baker's Dozen!

Margaret Moody said...

Wow, Regina! Another amazing creation! I just love it! Anyone would love to receive this super fun card! Congratulations on your design team debut! I'm so excited for you!

Pam~ said...

Magnificant and gorgeous cards Regina! I want to learn to color like you. :) Have a great day!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are awesome Regina! I LOVE that surprise pop up card! How cool is that!?

Unknown said...

Holy wow Regina-- Totally fabulous pop up card and the balloons are so simple, but so fabulous!! Love both ideas for inspiration and I'm so happy to be joining you on the team!!

Melissa Sauls said...

First of all, WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!! So happy to have you with the rest of the Dozen girl!! And my goodness you just started off with a bang!! That pop up card is just amazing and stunning with all that detail! Beautiful projects!

Danielle L. said...

Amazing! Love the pop up card! (and all the little candles on top). And so fun to be working with you on the design team! :)

Carla said...

Fabulous debut!!! Your pop up card is so amazing and I love those balloons. *smile* Hugs,

Karen Motz said...

STUNNING!!!!!!! LOVE that surprise pop up card with all the sparkly stars on the cake and the gradient balloons are incredibly cool!!!