Friday, August 13, 2010

Trio of Thanks...

to view an image up-close, please click on the watermark

It's Friday and my little family had such a nice day. The heat has let up a bit here in the Big Apple, thank goodness! I decided it would be a great day to make a thank you card for my fab-u mom-in-law, Susan, for all her enthusiastic support of my recent design team news. She's the one who got me started, so I thought a cute card of thanks was due!
For today's card, I found myself lucky it's Friday, as Taylor has another wonderful sketch to play with. Amazing, too, considering she's been out of internet service for the whole week! When I saw the sketch, it got me thinking of a folding panel card.
It's actually a rather simple card, as I had some cute designer paper to work with in my ever growing stash. I first trimmed all the paper (the finished card is 4" x 9") and used a scallop circle punch on each. I stamped the pretty butterfly image twice and outlined with some liquid pearls, also framing the highly appropriate sentiment.
BEAN NOTES: Taylored Expressions Garden Party Critters Stamps; Stampin' Up Bashful Blue and Wild Wasabi Classic Dye Ink; SU Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper; TE Textured Card Stock; SU Bashful Blue Card Stock; EK Success 1-1/2" Scallop Circle Punch; EKS 1-1/4" and 1-1/8" Circles Punches; Papertrey Ink Small Scallop Border Die; Big Shot; TE July Key Ingredients Satin Ribbon; Foam Tape
HAPPY BEANS: Ranger Baby Blue Liquid Pearls

11 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty thank you card! Love the three panels. Hope you have a cooler weekend!

Nina Dee said...

Hi Regina, What a neat interpretation of the sketch! Great idea! :)

Clare said...

Regina, your card is awesome! I love the colors!

Cards by Gina said...

Oh, wow, Bean! Gorgeous card...as always! Love the colors and the tri-fold!

Mary Fish said...

Very clever way to reinterpret the sketch to a folding card. Love the butterfly and blue liquid pearls. Hugs, M

yyam said...

Oh wow! What a pretty card! Love the sweet colors and the butterflies! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! And so pretty :-)

Ann Schach said...

Love it, Regina! The liquid pearls add just the right amount of texture!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is great!!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Woweee!!! GREAT job on the sketch and I love how you made it a 3-D card! So super creative and adorable! Thanks for playing along in the TE Sketch Challenge! :)

Carla said...

This I love, your mom-in-law will love. Hugs,