|to view an image up-close, please click on the photo|
I love participating in the Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past blog hops, mostly because it gets me to pull out my older sets that I may not have used in a while and I'm reminded again of why I loved them so much in the first place. But, for this month, the Fall/Thankful theme had me in a bit of a quandary. I realized that the sets I own that fall into that theme were on the "no-no" list! So, I had to put on my thinking cap and I decided to go funny!
I chose to use Garden Party Critters, adding my own "Turkey Farm" signage on the cute signpost image. Then, I used the sweet little bird and had him narrowly avoid the fate of many, many soon to be table-side turkeys. I employed a bit of masking for the background and drew in a relieved "whew!" for the lucky little avian who certainly needs to "Give Thanks" for at least one big thing this year!
- Stamps: Garden Party Critters and A Year of Sweet Sentiments (Taylored Expressions)
- Cardstock: Saltillo, Lagoon (Bazzil); Choice Snow (TE); So Saffron (Stampin' Up!)
- Ink: Baja Breeze, Dusty Durango, and Pear Pizazz (SU!); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
- Fibers: Dusty Durango Grosgrain Ribbon (SU!)
- Tools: Grass Border Punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)
- Dies: Inverted Circle and Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Coloring Medium: 0.2 Multiliner SP (Copic); Sketch Markers (Copic)