|to view the image up-close, please click on the photo|
I haven't had a chance to play with a Mojo Monday sketch in a couple weeks, and it's so nice to get back into the groove of a terrific sketch. For my card today, I had an itch to make a nesting bird, and I used the latest fun color combination from the Pals Paper Arts Challenge and decided to create a non-traditional Christmas card.
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from cardstock.
- Trim patterned paper and adhere.
- Stamp sentiment on cardstock. Emboss with folder, double mat and adhere.
- Punch circle, mat to punched scallop. Thread ribbon, tie bow, and adhere.
- Die-cut bird/wing. Adhere.
- Punch branches and adhere in layers to form next.
- Apply stickles.
- Stamps: Seasons of Love (Waltzing Mouse Stamps)
- Cardstock: Early Expresso, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizazz (Stampin' Up!); Petunia Textured (Bazzil)
- Ink: Early Espresso Classic Dye (SU!)
- Patterned Paper: Jolly Holiday (SU!)
- Tools: Scallop Circle and Circle Punches (EK Success)
- Accents: Espresso Pearls (Kaiser); Fruit Punch Stickles (Ranger Ink)
- Fibers: Hibiscus Burst Satin Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)
- Template: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
- Tools: Pine Branch Punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)
- Dies: Birds & Blossoms Sizzlet (Sizzix)