|to view an image up-close, please click on the photo|
Cupcake Inspiration photo, I knew I wanted to make an ornament to thank my fabulous in-laws for a recent goody box. But, I really wanted to make a card, too. So, I decided to make both! This card holds the ornament (starring my little rugrat holding a Charlie Brown ornament from his Nana and Papa) and it can be removed to be hung on the tree.
I love a beautiful sentiment, and I used this big, lush one from Winter Wonderland by Taylored Expressions. I also created the awning with a cool scallop border die.
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from cardstock.
- Trim patterned paper; adhere.
- Trim cardstock; cut notches with tool. Adhere.
- Attach ornament.
- Die-cut scallop border. Stamp sentiment; adhere.
- Die cut circle with chip board.
- Die cut patterned paper; adhere to back.
- Print photograph; die cut and adhere to chip board circle.
- Die-cut acetate and adhere.
- Die-cut patterned paper frame and adhere.
- Punch hole; string cord.
- Tie bow and adhere.
- Stamps: Winter Wonderland (Taylored Expressions)
- Ink: (Fresh Snow) PTI
- Cardstock: Real Red (Stampin' Up!)
- Specialty Paper: Clear Acetate (generic); Craft-A-Board (Ellen Hutson)
- Patterned Paper: Jolly Holiday (SU!)
- Fibers: Gold Cord (generic); Pure Poppy Twill (PTI)
- Tools: Notch & Die Cutting Tool (Basic Grey)