Friday, January 7, 2011

The Year Ahead...Taylored Expressions Release Day...

to view an image up-close, please click on the photo
It's Release Day at Taylored Expressions! As this is the first release of a brand new year, I thought it might be fitting to kick it off with a calendar, and when I saw this verse from the new set, Rest & Renewal, I knew it would make a lovely way to begin afresh. The 2011 Mini Calendar is from the TE Download store, and can be found here. For this calendar, I reduced the size of the calendar by 50%, which is easy to do in your pdf reader.


I stamped the verse onto a piece of vellum and framed it with the beautiful blooms in the new set, New Beginnings. To make this project more than just a calendar, I framed it within a nice wooden frame. Now I know that if I should ever feel like this year isn't going exactly as I planned, I can just look to this calendar for a reminder of what the future can hold.

BEAN NOTES
I hope you enjoyed this week of sneak peeks and Release Week projects. For more inspiration, please be sure to visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen, as well as this month's Guest Designer, Lea Lawson. The TE Store is now open! Enabler Alert: Taylor is offering a pretty sweet Valentine's Bundle that includes a free stamp set, which you can check out here! Happy New Year!


22 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Regina! This is exquisite! LOVE the colors, the way you cut the flowers out around the sentiment...WOW WOW WOW!!

Queen Mary said...

Regina, I'm sorry I don't often comment because I really do love your artwork, but today's project is absolutely incredible! It is gorgeous and I just love it! This is the perfect gift for my sister who has everything! I'm already ahead for next Christmas! Thanks for the enabler alert, but I suspect I'll succumb to temptation anyway! LOL

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Regina! And such a wonderful sentiment! I love how it is framed by the flowers.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow this is a gorgeous calendar and I especially love it with one of my favourite verses included. I love the way you framed the verse with the beautiful flowers. I have to go and check out these new sets.

Cards by Gina said...

Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful calendar in my favorite color!

Poppit said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Love!

Karen Giron said...

GASP!!! Oh Regina, this is, this is, ... I don't have the right words! You are so creative - what a fabulous idea!! Gorgeous!

gayle-rn said...

Such a beautiful calendar. I really love this.gayle-rn@sbcglobal.net

Marsha said...

Beautiful, Regina! Love it!

Lea L. said...

Wow...this is just beautiful! I love how you used the rose stamp, and the cut out in the middle for scripture is just awesome! ♥♥♥

Big Mamma~ a.k.a. Mary S said...

OMGGGGGG that is so beautiful!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

This is increditable! Love how you framed the sentiment then framed the whole thing! Stunning.

Karen Motz said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Paper is BLISS said...

WOW, I gotta say this is stunning! I love the colours you've used and how you've framed the sentiment.

Donna Baker said...

wow Regina! that is a beautiful work of heART!! so inspiring

Rose said...

Love your calendar, Regina!! Just BEAUTIFUL!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how neat is this, Regina! You always come up with unique projects! I LOVE this!

Tasha said...

Wow this is utterly stunning
love tasha xx

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh my...WOWOWOWOW!!! TOtally gorgeous girlie!! I love the "tear out" in the middle with the sentiment shining through...utter genius here! My jaw literally dropped...

Carla said...

Oh I love your calendar... I love how you framed it!!! Wow, I would of never thought to do that. I love what you said about having a bad year and being able to look at the calendar and get perspective. Love that. The flowers and bows are beautiful touches. Now I want one, right by my computer! Hugs,

Unknown said...

I love your calendar. So beautifully put together.

Martha said...

This is just beautiful! I love the verse is a special one for me as I've repeated this to my children over and over again as they were growing up. Love how you designed the calendar.