|to view an image up-close, please click on a photo|
I hope you've enjoyed the last two days of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions Release Week! Today I have a card project to share using the new It's a Banner Day - 1 set that features darling banners, sentiments, and a coordinating Taylored Die that just makes me want to smile. I decided to create a "swing" card for a pair of newlyweds, and I turned to one of my favorite previously released TE sets, Wings of Joy.
The new It's a Banner Day - 1 is the first in a series of sets and dies and I chose one of the three banners and the simple, yet perfect sentiment. Wings of Joy was intended to be a Christmas/Holiday set, but I repurposed it here simply by replacing the holly with a heart! I stamped the caged lovebirds first onto cardstock and then again onto vellum to give it a softer feel and carefully fussy cut around the edges. Also, this provided some stability for the "swing" motion of the cage, which is hung with a simple sewing thread through a hole punched through the top of the card. The hole was easily hidden with some pretty pearls. To really show of the cage, I die-cut the oval frame through both the front and the back of the card, which I think made for a more dramatic look and perhaps might make this card something the recipients could display to remind them of their magical day.
- Stamps: It's a Banner Day - 1 and Wings of Joy (Taylored Expressions)
- Cardstock: Textured (Bazzil); Solar White (Neenah)
- Specialty Paper: Vellum (generic)
- Tools: Heart Punch (Stampin' Up!); Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Hawaiian Shores Hybrid (PTI)
- Dies: Banner 1 Taylored Die (TE); Long Oval and Long Scalloped Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Fibers: White Silk Thread (generic)
- Accents: Pearls (KaiserCraft); White Graphic Tape (Form-A-Line)
- Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (TE)