Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Welcome Home...

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo
It has been so nice getting a chance to make cards again (though I am feeling more than a bit guilty that I am neglecting the old scrapbook!) This week, Moxie Fab is hosting a Stamping with Markers Challenge, and I thought I would try my hand. I wanted to see if I could use the same markers on the same image stamped several times and see if I could make them look different. I chose to use the cute townhouse from the Cozy Cottages set from Taylored Expressions, keeping the rest of the card very simple to really focus on the colored images.


I used the colorless blender from Copic to create three different rooftops, lighting up the middle house's windows and lamps to suggest a cozy home full of warmth and good cheer. I used a slightly darker gray on the facade of the townhouses to suggest some added texture and simply dotted along the sides. With some shading on the awnings, I tried to create a sense of roundness. A simple, fitting sentiment, and I had a card that brought back the pleasures of coloring!

BEAN NOTES

10 comments:

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

This is AWESOME Regina! GORGEOUS layout and design!!!

Ann Schach said...

Oh so cute! I love the illuminated windows in the middle house!

Patti MacLeith said...

Card, sweet card, Regina!! Nice touch with the lights on the middle one.

Joannna Munster said...

What a sweet card Regina! I love all the differnt rooftops! I would love to try copics markers!

Carla Bazhenow said...

Oh so sweet. I love your row of houses and your coloring is fabulous. My copics are so unused right now. I don't have a lot though.

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Awesome card! I love how the card is white, and those houses just pop right out at you.

Kazan Clark said...

oh Hon this is super super sweet :)

Jana said...

Love the Copic details. Great job!

Cath said...

Hey Regina! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Markers challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable! What cool coloring! I really like all the little details you added with the markers.
Visiting from Moxie Fab World.