Monday, April 18, 2011

A Treasured Birthday...

to view the image up-close, please click on the photo

It's Monday! The rugrat is off for Spring Break this week, so I have very limited amounts of time to stamp. I found inspiration from the Clean and Simple Sketch over at the Paper Players, which is always a big help when pressed for time! I wanted to make something quick yet elegant and I pulled out the new Treasure Life set from Taylored Expressions to help me out. From start to finish, this card took about 20 minutes, which included rooting around my stash to find the ribbon!
I stamped the pretty apothecary jar silhouettes directly onto the rich patterned paper and stamped the nice and simple sentiment in an off-white chalk ink. The "shelf" on which the jars rest is just the scalloped border trimmed from the same patterned paper and adhered directly below. A nice ribbon in the corner, and I was all done with a soothing card amidst the chaos!

BEAN NOTES

14 comments:

Pam~ said...

Nice job with the sketch! Twenty minutes, WOW, you rock ... classy card! Love the look of stamping directly on the dsp!

Anonymous said...

Regina, isn't it wonderful being able to escape to your stamping space!:-) I love what you did with the sketch. Stamping the apothecary jars directly onto the DSP was a fabulous idea. Gorgeous colors! I love the beautiful bow accessory.
So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week and shared this fabulous card.
Jaydee

Lesley said...

This new set is so different! I love how you used it with the sketch! Hopefully you will get in some more stamping time this week during Spring Btreak. SO happy you could join us this week at the Paper Players!

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you stamped right on the DSP - this is terrific!

Carla said...

Beautiful card Regina!!! I hope you two have a blast this week!! Hugs,

Unknown said...

Lovely card!!! Very masculine ... well that's what I think. LOL

Have fun this week! Hope the weather is great for you!

Anonymous said...

The pattern paper is gorgeous! Stella Rose collection is one of my favourites!And the ribbons gives a nice touch to it (: Nice work!

LeAnne said...

Very interesting silhouettes....fresh & fun. Your cards are always just so "right"! Love the colors and that yummy ribbon! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

Patti MacLeith said...

Very cool card!

Ann Schach said...

I love the elegant simplicity of this card! The jar images are perfect for a clean and classy card. Of course, the bow is beautiful!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the 3D effect of your card. Those jars really look like they are on a shelf! Great take on the sketch!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love those apothecary jars! Gorgeous design and so perfectly elegant! The color combo is so rich, too. Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week! :)

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness, I love those JARS! And how you've stamped them on the patterned paper--so classy and elegant. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

Unknown said...

LOVE the jars!!!!